Skip to main content

Permits - Soil Erosion & Sedimentation Control Permit

A Soil Erosion & Sedimentation Control Permit (SESC) may be required based on the project work scope.

Original Form

Who originates it?:
click here
Application is obtained from the appropriate permitting office, depending on the project location. Click on link above for City of East Lansing permit form.

Final Document Placement

Who is responsible?:
Unifier Document Manager
Upload into the "PERMITS" folder, in the "SITE DEVELOPMENT" sub-folder.


Detailed Workflow

When the project is approaching the construction phase, the Landscape Architect or Civil Engineer will prepare and submit an application to the appropriate permitting office (City of East Lansing, Ingham County or Meridian Township) depending on the location of the project. For applications to the City of East Lansing, the applicant will contact the City and request a preliminary review.  A site plan will be attached to the application. The City of East Lansing will return stamped drawings with a permit number. Both the original application and the approved permit received from the permitting office will be filed in the project Document Manager in Unifier.

City of East Lansing - Grading & Soil Erosion & Sedimentation Control Permit Fees & Depost/Bonds (Rev. July 1, 2016)